COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
Help Keep Everyone at Recursive SAFE by following these Safety Procedures:
- First and foremost, do not come to the gym if you start to feel sick or show any symptoms of disease.
- Class sizes will be smaller and capped at 10 athletes plus 1-2 Coaches. People will be required to sign up for class ahead of time through ZenPlanner. No exceptions. If you are not registered for class, you will not be allowed to participate.
- No chalk will be used at this time due to the sharing of the chalk bucket. People may NOT bring their own chalk either – it is a perfect tool for trapping germs on the equipment.
- We will not have any Open Gym time because we can not monitor the equipment cleaning process.
- We will program to use a minimal amount of equipment and to avoid sharing any equipment. We have spaces marked out on the floor for each person.
- People will only be allowed to show up 5 minutes before class and must leave right after class to avoid cross over traffic in the gym.
- Classes will be 60 minutes long. We will spread out our class times to accommodate traffic and cleaning between classes.
- Athletes will be required to wash/sanitize hands before and after classes.
- Athletes will be required to wipe down all equipment after use using the cleaning supplies provided below.
- People will be required to bring their own filled water bottle. No disposable water cups will be available. The water fountains will not be available for use at this time.
- Substitute high fives for air fives.
- The gym will be closed on Sunday for a weekly deep cleaning.
- We will not be accepting Drop Ins/Visitors at this time.
- You must wear a mask into and out of the gym and in the common areas. You are also required to wear one while working out.
Some Tips for Wearing Masks While Working Out:
- Bring 2 masks. One will get wet/sweaty from working out and it will be more difficult to breath through. Plus, it will be more pleasant to walk out of class with a dry mask on.
- The disposable masks are easier to breathe through, but they get wet faster (and then are more difficult to breathe through.)
- The safety protocol calls for a cloth face covering (plastic face shields don’t qualify). Consider trying a bandana instead of a form fitting facial mask.
- Looser masks may let you feel like it’s easier to breathe, but they also get sucked into your mouth as you breathe heavy. A tighter fitting mask will move around less as you are jumping and moving around.
- You may have to lower the intensity of your workout until you get used to the mask – be patient and understanding with yourself.
- If you need to stop and catch your breath – do that!
Anything that you have used or touched today should get properly cleaned by spraying the area directly and letting it sit for a minute or 2 before wiping down with a fresh, clean towel.
Any monitors should get cleaned by spraying the rag and then wiping it down, please do not spray the monitors directly (Rowers, Bikes, Ski Ergs).
- Barbell (collars and bar)
- Plates (the black rubber part plus the inside metal ring)
- Barbell Clips
- Rowers – seat, handles, rail, foot plates, monitor
- Bike – seat, handles, knobs, monitor
- Kettlebell/Dumbbell (the handles and the entire thing)
- Any other equipment used – wall balls, jump ropes, slam balls, boxes
Again, the safety of everyone in the gym (staff and members) is our highest priority. Thank you for your patience and understanding.